Without further ado, I am grateful for...
9) The Montessori Method. The Secret of Childhood has been revealed to me, my husband, and our children through Maria Montessori's love for God and children and her method of education. I spend a lot less days wallowing in Mommy-Guilt because my children attend the best Montessori school around!
8) Attachment Parenting (or whatever "they" are calling it these days!). Again, another reason my visits to the Land of Mommy-Guilt are few and far-between. I like to say that we are raising our children with no (OK, few?) regrets.
7) A roof over my family's head. There are so very many families who do not have a real home or a home in a safe place. I can get too caught up in the worry of what is lacking in my home (i.e. not enough space, scuffed floors, etc) instead of seeing the beauty that it contains (my husband and our children).
6) Food, water, heat, and electricity. (Yes, I am lumping "the basic needs" together. Gotta problem with that? Fine, I'll throw in sunshine, as well!) I am blessed to live in a country that makes it comparatively easy to have access to all of these things on a consistent basis.
4) My car. Yes, this is materialistic, I can't help it. I heart my Chevy Suburban, with leather seats, remote start, and exactly enough seats for all the behinds in this crazy family.
2) My Beloved. No sarcasm. My husband is my Beloved in every way. I am deeply, madly in love with this man. He is my best friend. We have been in love for almost 20 years, and married for nearly 17 of those years. Every year that passes brings us to a deeper, truer, more understanding and sacrificial love for each other. And, if he ticks me off after I write this, his dinner will be served in the alley behind our home. Kidding. No, I'm not.
What are the things for which you are most grateful today?