1) Reading! Specifically, I'm digging out some of my old favorites for myself and the kids. What's my favorite?
I have loved this book since I was in high school -- the imagery, the history, the characters. During one of my pregnancies, I had Kyle completely on board with naming the baby Katherine Scarlett, so I could have my very own Katie Scarlett. The little bugger turned out to be a boy, and by the time I was pregnant again, Kyle says he had come to his senses and Katie Scarlett Dempsey was off the Names List. Boo.
2) Which brings me to my next favorite rainy day activity: classic movies! Want to guess which one is my favorite?
Also on the list are: The Sound of Music, The Quiet Man, The Bells of St. Mary's, and The Trouble with Angels.
3) Netflix currently has quite a few Disney classic cartoons in their lineup right now! I love that my kids are enjoying
"Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?" is Faith's new favorite song.
4) Summertime Religious Education! Actually, I'm just doing the formal version for Jack and Eamon, but they are really enjoying reading the chapters in the Faith and Life Series (for grades 5 and 2) and working on the corresponding workbooks. Weird Montessori kids that they are, workbooks are a treat for them.
5) And, I'm loving that Dwija has named her sweet baby boy and that we are getting so SO close to being able to give them a real and functional laundry room before she has to go on hospital bed rest. Please keep them in your prayers, whether or not you are able to donate. Prayers are the MOST important!
Rain, rain, GO AWAY! The Dempseys have a graduation party on Saturday!