1) Boooo-YAH! I'm joining in the Quick Takes fun for the first time! Let's all take a moment of silence to appreciate my first FIRST Quick Take evah!
::::cue crickets chirping::::
2) If the pictures don't match up with QT, you can blame Blogger and it's moronic, useless app. What up, Blogger? Y U no make a more better product???
3) I had fully intended to join in Cari's Theme Thursday yesterday (Architecture!) and I took some nice pics of the interesting architectural features of our Chicago-style bungalow on my big girl camera. My plan was to upload them to my husband's laptop, pretty them up, and post. However, God decided that His plans of dealing with a very tired 3 year old, a teething baby, and a couple of teens that needed some heart-to-hearts was much more important. He always wins, doesn't He?
4) I recently checked out these books from la bibliotheca, because I feel like I need a jump start on my weight loss journey. So far, interesting reads, but not sure how many different approaches I can incorporate without imploding the whole venture! Hey! Implosion may actually work! For all my #pray2lose peeps, I'm down 1.7lbs this week but I have no idea what/if I did differently. Hence, my continued quest.
5) A little bitty of a snowstorm hit us last night (3 inches? Borrrrring!), but it covered the old Christmas wreath and Christmas tree stand that have been SITTING ON MY PORCH SINCE THE EPIPHANY quite nicely.
6) Sorry, that last QT was for my beloved. He is a contemplative, so he has this awesome ability to walk (and shovel around!) past things multiple times without noticing them. The upside is that he's usually contemplating how much he loves me, so I forgive him. (Honey, seriously, please get that stuff off of our front porch?)
7) You know why I need the front porch prettied-up? Because we are celebrating Will's 1st Birthday tomorrow!!!!! As the kids keep reminding him, since he was born on February 29th, he has "no real birthday this year", so BIG par-TAY tomorrow and a sweet family dinner on March 1st. It's been a really rough and wonderful year, and I just want to savor my Sweet William and all his amazing growth and his many accomplishments! We are so blessed. We love you so very much, William Luke -- our own Leap Day William!
Mosey on over to Jen for more experienced QTs!