1) For the 2nd time in my adult life, I had the privilege of witnessing the announcement of a new Pontiff! (I was only 5 when JPI and JPII were elected, so the memory isn't as vivid)
2) I am always proud to be Roman Catholic, but the moment when our new Holy Father stepped out onto the balcony, my face felt like it would explode from pride and joy!
3) And, how about that moment? Francis came out and looked...well, he looked truly humbled and overwhelmed. I imagine the true weight of this new burden was fully dawning on him. I cannot even imagine what that must have felt like!
4) His face transformed into a beautiful, gentle smile and he reminded all of us that we must pray for our last Pope, BXVI. In all of the hoopla over FRANCIS, he points to someone else.
5) And, then, he asked for our prayers! He bowed before all of us as the Servant of the Servants of God and asked us to pray for him. More humility.
6) Of course, like the good Papa he is, he blesses all of us, promises to keep ALL of us in his prayers, and grants us a plenary indulgence! What a loving father!
7) My favorite is pictured below. Like a good son, he talks about his Mother -- our mother -- and visits her, paying her a beautiful compliment.
Go see Jen!