1) We are 3/4ths of the way through our Summer Birthday Season! After next Tuesday (when I will officially become the mother of 3 teens and my descent into un-coolness will increase), it will be only 4 months until we begin Holiday Birthday Season! Saving all my pennies starting now.
2) Why is summer moving so quickly? As a child, I couldn't wait for my July 9th birthday, but afterwards,
I wanted summer to sloooooow down.
As an adult, I use July 4th as my official
"Summer Can Slow Down" point. I'm definitely getting that "put on the brakes!" feeling lately. So many plans, so little time left to execute....
3) My new favorite late-night show is Continuum. It's on Netflix and I'm not quite sure if my standards are sinking, or that the premise of this show is that good -- because it ain't the acting talent of the main character. The show centers around a group of terrorists from the year 2077 who, just as they are about to be executed for their crimes, transport themselves back in time to 2012. One of the female police officers from their time is also accidentally transported back with them. The episodes have plenty of flashbacks (flashforwards?) to the main character's life in 2077 and what the world looks like then: world government that is corporate-run ("Corporate Congress"), artificial food, no animals, electro-static makeup application! Check it out!
4) Oh my gosh, you guys! I made this awesome (and really healthy!) coleslaw recipe this week! It's supremely good on these really hot summer days and even my resident cabbage-hater (read: Kyle) liked it. Bonus: it's probiotic!
5) I'm really missing being up at the lake. I was supposed to stay up at the lake for most of July, but then Joe's school scheduled his drivers' education class to take place from 7/15-8/9 and that means Mama can't just up and leave. My plans included getting a lot of use out of the new motor on our pontoon boat. Tubing is one of our favorite pastimes.
6) I'm sure some of you already use and have probably blogged about the RunKeeper app, but I just started using it a couple of months ago and I really like it. I'm not a runner and never will be, but I love walking. RunKeeper has been a surprisingly big motivation for me. I love the feedback and the accurate tracking of my speed and mileage. It's available on both iOS and Android, which is another bonus for Kyle and I as he had a Droid and I have an iPhone. Check it out!
7) No big plans for this weekend, which is actually a good thing after the last few cuhrazy weekends we've had. Of course, being an extrovert, I'll probably try to create a social event for us. My closet-extrovert will probably grumble but secretly love it --- right, Honey??