Thanks to Cari, it is about to get real up in this blog!
This week's theme is "rooms", and while someone's suggestion of going for a
Stepbrothers'-themed shot is appealing, I opted to go for honesty and nostalgia (I think).
A wonderful photographer (and all-around beautiful human being) once told me to take pictures of my kids' rooms and toys as they are today so that I will not forget the places and things that occupied so much of their young lives. It's an awesome idea, right? So, just after they all woke up this morning, I thought I'd capture a shot of their bedrooms without any bed-making or straightening up.
(Deep inhale) I present you, Bedrooms of the Dempsey Kids!
Jack's and Eamon's room
Killian's and Joe's room
Will's bed in our room...
Here's what I learned:
1) my kids can't close a drawer to save their lives
2) my kids should spend more time cleaning their rooms and less time "hanging out" in them.
3) I should spend more time enforcing bedroom cleanings and less time cleaning the rest of the house
4) my photographer friend's advice is based on the fact that she has no teenagers yet and she is a better mother than I am.
5) I now know why I yell so much.
6) Kids don't need huge bedrooms all to themselves filled with many things in order to have good childhoods; they are better off having a smaller room filled with other siblings.
Now, play nice and don't call authorities on me because I just made you feel really good about your housekeeping abilities, didn't it?